sweet ellie & sweet olive

Monday, October 02, 2006

my first profound revelation...


So I learned my first scripture verse in my 2 year old's class..."Nothing can seperate us from God's love." Romans 8:39 Many people are merely amused as I parrot this verse over and over, but people, please listen to what I am saying..."NOTHING can seperate US (me AND you) from God's love!" Do you realize what this means? GOD IS FOR US:) I know there are so many things these days seeming to be against us, like the things Paul mentions earlier in this passage...tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, sword..I don't really know what all of those are yet but I know they are BAD. So thank goodness God is so big and so strong..and He is for US. I'm really not that anxious about all the bad things , because now I know NOTHING can come between me God...I hope you are not anxious either.

Matthew Henry comments on Romans 8 by saying, "God having manifested his love in giving his own Son for us, can we think that any thing should turn aside or do away that love?" That's a pretty neat promise:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home